We recommend hyaluronic acid dermal fillers like the family of Restylane products which includes Restylane, Restylane Lyft and Restylane Silk. Restylane is among one of the well known and trusted brands in the industry and the only brand we currently carry at the Healthcare Gallery and Wellness Spa. They are a great option because they give a soft, natural feel.
Restylane:$600 per syringe
Restylane Lyft: $600 per syringe
Restylane Silk: $600 per syringe
WHY USE FILLERS:
The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face, show signs of aging as you get older. This often results in lip thinning, lost shape and an increase in vertical lines above the lip.
DIFFERENT PRODUCT USES:
Restylane and Restylane-L are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for the injection into the lips in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane-Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane Silk is indicated for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles in patients over the age of 21 and is designed specifically to provide natural-looking results in these particular areas by using smaller, smoother particles than those used in other Restylane products. Restylane Silk is the first FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip enhancement and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older.
As with any other hyaluronic acid gel injected into the lips, the most common side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising or tenderness.
To ensure a safe procedure, please review the list below and let us know if any of these apply to you to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment.
WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS TREATMENT:
You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane and Restylane-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Treatments in other areas of the face have not been evaluated in clinical studies.The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
Tell your doctor if:
- You are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied.
- You have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- You are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- You are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- You are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
After Treatment Instructions:
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing) or cold.
- Reduce the risk of facial cold sore recurrence that could be caused by needle punctures. Talk with your healthcare professional about medications that may minimize the likelihood of an outbreak.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St. John’s wort or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache and itching at the injection site or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14–18 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
- Remember to ask about follow-up appointments.