1. Do I need a referral to be seen for a medical marijuana consultation?
Answer: No you do not need a referral from your doctor to be seen for a medical marijuana consultation. However, once registered, we would need to request medical records from your treating physicians to be able to verify your qualifying condition(s).
2. Do I have to be a Louisiana resident to receive treatment?
Answer: Yes, the State law specifies that therapeutic marijuana may only be recommended to a patient who is a resident of Louisiana.
3. Will I actually be given a prescription for Medical Marijuana?
Answer: No. A doctor certified to qualify you to use therapeutic marijuana as a treatment option, can only do so as a “recommendation” and not a “prescription”, since Federal Law currently prohibits its use. The doctor will recommend a specific product and dosage; the amount of which should NOT be exceeded.
4. Are Medical/ Therapeutic Marijuana licenses or recommendations from other states valid in Louisiana?
Answer: No. Laws for Marijuana for medical use varies from state to state and as a result, other licenses or recommendations from other states are not valid in the state of Louisiana.
5. Can Medical/ Therapeutic Marijuana be purchased from any pharmacy?
Answer: No, medical marijuana can only be obtained from an approved, licensed, medical marijuana dispensary. The state-approved dispensary that serves our region (Capital Region) is called Capitol Wellness Solutions and is located at 7941 Picardy Avenue in Baton Rouge.
6. Do you accept Medical Insurance for this consultation?
Answer: No. Although medical/ therapeutic marijuana is legal in the State of Louisiana, it is still prohibited under Federal law. As a result, insurance companies are unable to provide reimbursement for this form of treatment at this time. We do however accept debit and credit cards, Health Savings accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending accounts (FSA).
7. How much does a consultation/ Doctor visit for Therapeutic Marijuana management cost?
Answer: If you are a new patient in the Therapeutic Marijuana program at the Healthcare Gallery & Wellness Spa, your first visit or consultation will cost you $200. Subsequent follow up visits for continued management and treatment will be $150/visit.
**We have gone completely digital which means we no longer accept cash or personal checks. We only accept debit or credit cards.
8. How do I Schedule a Consultation:
- You can text us at 225-384-5378 anytime and request that our Wellness Care Coordinator call you at a time during the day that is most convenient for you. During that call, we can answer whatever additional questions you may have…OR
- You can call us at 225-384-5378 during our regular business hours and ask to speak to the Wellness Care Coordinator that handles the scheduling and on-boarding process for the Therapeutic Marijuana program.
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. We will reach out to you and try to accommodate your request.
- You may use the “Contact Us” link/ button on this website and leave us a message. We are very responsive and will reply to your message as soon as possible.
- You can send us a private message through social media on our Facebook or Instagram pages.
**All doctor visit consultations (whether new or established) are done on an appointment basis only. No Walk-ins accepted.
As part of our process, I encourage you to pre-pay for your face-to-face consultation visit with me during that call with the Wellness Care Coordinator before they can start the formal on-boarding process. You should be prepared to provide them with some basic information so that they can also email you the several regulatory forms and disclosures that you will need to sign along with the request for medical records forms. If you would like to get that call booked and the on-boarding process started now, please click the button below.
To get started on becoming a Medical Marijuana patient, please schedule an appointment below: