Neurotoxins such as Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) or Dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA) can be used to temporarily relax the facial muscles responsible for the appearance of wrinkles.
Dysport: $4.50 per unit
Three major areas typically the most treated, are the glabellar area between the eyebrows, the forehead horizontal lines and the area just lateral to the eyes called the crow’s feet. This procedure within 24-72 hours, allows you the liberty to turn back time and appear more youthful.
WHO SHOULDN’T HAVE THIS TREATMENT:
Do not have Dysport treatment if you: are allergic to Dysport or any of its ingredients (see the end of the Medication Guide for a list of ingredients), are allergic to cow’s milk protein, had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product, such as Myobloc or Botox, or have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
You may have bruises in the areas treated with Botox/Dysport. This is normal. It will take up to two weeks for you to experience the full effect of the Botox treatment. Remain patient. It takes time for the muscles to lose strength and the lines to fade following Botox/Dysport treatments. Movement of lines diminished is OK. The objective of the Botox/Dysport treatment is to improve the appearance of the lines, not necessarily paralyze the muscle. If we can achieve the improvement of the lines without complete paralysis in the area then you benefit from continued use of subtle facial expression in that area of your face.
- It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, or squinting). This helps to work Botox/Dysport Cosmetic into your muscles. Although thought to help, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
- Do NOT rub or massage the treated areas for 4 hours after your treatment. Do NOT practice Yoga or any type of strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. Also, avoid facials or saunas for 4 hours after your treatment. This will minimize the risk of raising your blood pressure and therefore minimize the risk of temporary bruising. Feel free to shower and go about most other regular daily activities.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) and to avoid the risk of having the area rubbed accidentally.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until the 14 days has passed before assessing if you are pleased with the result.
- Because Botox/Dysport Cosmetic requires a special technique in order to customize the injections to your individual muscular structure, it is important that your muscle activity recover, BUT that your skin is not creasing to the point from where you started.
- Botox/Dysport Cosmetic is a temporary procedure and at first, you may find that your treatment results will last approximately 3 or 4 months. If you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended by your doctor, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than 4 months.
- Initially our clinic sees patients between the 3-month (12 week) and 4 month (16 week) time period. We are able to create the best clinical results for you during this period. If you allow Botox/Dysport Cosmetic to wear off completely, it is difficult for the doctor to be able to see how your individual muscles reacted and therefore optimal results for your face can be more difficult to achieve.